lipbalm w/o bee's wax

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rubato456 said:
tried carnuba wax didn't like it nearly as well as candelilla
I like a blend of the two.

rubato456 said:
when i used carnuba wax, i hated it....very gritty, i had added also 1 tsp shea oil but i don't think it was the shea, i think it was the carnuba wax...but i could be wrong about this
It could be the carnuba wax - it has a very high melting point and you need to make sure it's fully melted and perfectly clear or else you will indeed get those crystals. BUT it could also be any butter you have in there - shea, cocoa butter, and mango are infamousfor going grainy quite easily and while kokum seems more stable, it too can do this.

carebear said:
rubato456 said:
tried carnuba wax didn't like it nearly as well as candelilla
I like a blend of the two.

rubato456 said:
when i used carnuba wax, i hated it....very gritty, i had added also 1 tsp shea oil but i don't think it was the shea, i think it was the carnuba wax...but i could be wrong about this
It could be the carnuba wax - it has a very high melting point and you need to make sure it's fully melted and perfectly clear or else you will indeed get those crystals. BUT it could also be any butter you have in there - shea, cocoa butter, and mango are infamousfor going grainy quite easily and while kokum seems more stable, it too can do this.

I agree. I've had trouble with mango before. I wonder if it was the carnauba, Victoria.

Latest posts

Back