Lip Balm Flavor oils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are some great lipbalm flavorings out there and the 1 oz bottles can last a long time. I get most of mine from Aromahaven, GetSuckered, Southern Soapers and Camden-Grey. You just have to try them to see what you like. Also Brambleberry's got some nice flavors, like their Passionfruit Rose that can also be used for soap. You could try googling 'lip balm flavors' also as I know there are tons of suppliers.

I use them at a rate between 1% and 3%, although some of the GetSuckered flavors I've had to go as high as 5% to get a strong flavor.

just be aware that sometimes a lot of flavoring in lipbalm can cause drying or peeling of lips.

I use my flavors unsweetened, just because it's easier and one less step to deal with. also sweetened makes me lick my lips which kind of defeats the purpose of lip balm!! But there are plenty of folks who sweeten their lip balms and it definitely can add a different depth to the 'taste'

I have a box of about 25 different flavors so I guess you could say I'm a flavor-ho, along with being a FO-ho. :lol:

do you live in michigan? i'm asking because of lorann, wellingtonfragrance.com is in mi and i believe they have flavor oils too.

I'm also curious to know if you can use those candy flavors from grocery stores. They have a large selection in our local Wal-Mart.

Make sure if you order from lorann you get flavors that are oil based & not water based or they will seperate.

Back