LIME!!-patchouli

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kikajess

Reaction score
My mom requested lime-patchouli scented soap for Christmas. I heard citrus scents are fleeting, so I used a whole ounce in a 2-lb batch of soap. I only used 1/2 an ounce of patchouli. The lime is overpowering and it smells like a cleaning solution. I reeeaaally hope the lime dissipates a LOT as it cures.

I had a couple of firsts in this batch:

1. I used confectioner's sugar (1 tsp ppo) as a way to increase bubbles and hoping the cornstarch would help strengthen the citrus scent (hindsight wishes I hadn't!)

2. Chopstick swirl. I colored 12 oz of soap with sage powder for the darker portion.

My chopstick swirl still needs practice, and I learned sage in oil swirled on top bleeds color. It looks ok to me, though. If the lime calms down, I will be very happy with this soap. Otherwise, it may be a rebatch.

lime1.jpg

lime2.jpg

lime3.jpg

They look lovely. Love the swirls. I did 2 batches, one batch of lime and patchouli a month ago and 1 of grapefruit and patchouli (about a 6 weeks ago). About 75% lime/grapefruit to 25% patchouli as it's so strong. Could really smell citrus at 1st but now I mostly just get the patchouli with a hint of the citrus when using the soaps.

I did a lime EO/Myrrh/patchouli/Rosewood soap and it has been 3 months and the scent is still coming through a lot.

Your soap is gorgeous!

I have made a lime patchouli blend (with small amounts of other things) which was very nice. Over time, the lime does fade a bit.

Your soaps are beautiful! I have trouble with lime, too. It's not that it fades, or that I want it to fade, but that it has that "cleaning solution" smell that you mentioned, kikajess. I'll keep trying different EOs & FOs. Maybe one day I'll find the perfect one!

Your soaps are beautiful! I have trouble with lime, too. It's not that it fades, or that I want it to fade, but that it has that "cleaning solution" smell that you mentioned, kikajess. I'll keep trying different EOs & FOs. Maybe one day I'll find the perfect one!

Thank you! Don't try the Lime from Bittercreek Candle Supply, because that's where I got this Lime.

Lovely soap! And lime is a favorite scent for me. I associate lemon more than lime with cleaning but I suppose either could do that to people. BB's Lime is really good- kind of tart and fresh, not the more sweetened kind they seem to put in cleaning solutions.

Latest posts

Back