Less oily body butter please!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That doesn't matter that it is 3 yrs old, the person quoted is still posting, so will see it.
I thought necroposting was frowned upon regardless? Is this no longer the case? If not maybe we should update the rules of posting to say "necroposting is frowned upon unless the OP's are still active"

It's disheartening when the admins get to pick and choose what is good or bad etiquette depending on whims and not what is in the forum rules.

I thought necroposting was frowned upon regardless? Is this no longer the case? If not maybe we should update the rules of posting to say "necroposting is frowned upon unless the OP's are still active"

It's disheartening when the admins get to pick and choose what is good or bad etiquette depending on whims and not what is in the forum rules.
I agree with this point. I absolutely hate necroposts from years back on threads where the OP is no longer active or when the thread's question was answered and the poster posts another question within that thread.

You are correct about necroposting, it is no longer the case, it changed some time ago. Not all members or newbies know what necroposting is and it's not frowned upon anymore. I let members know that if they have posted on an old thread and the member is no longer active that they most probably won't get a response ( this is a courtesy on my part and I have been doing this for years, necroposting or not ). If the member is still active then they probably will reply.
eg. I've noticed members quote Irishlass on old posts, I don't let them know because she is still here and I know she will reply.
Admins don't pick and choose what is bad etiquette on whims. Forum rules change and it's up to members to keep up to date.

I agree with this point. I absolutely hate necroposts from years back on threads where the OP is no longer active or when the thread's question was answered and the poster posts another question within that thread.
All you need to do is scroll on.

Latest posts

Back