Lemon Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vidahlia

Reaction score
I used a peeler to peel spirals from a tan soap and added them to my yellow lemon soap for a neat swirl. It also contains cranberry chunks, which isn't too noticeable in my final photo. Now that I know how this technique turned out, I can't wait to try with other colors! :)

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1389646897.101851.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1389646920.515790.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1389646932.320857.jpg

Looks great... don't think I could handle doing it though. How long did it take you to cut all the swirls?

That looks so good! I think I must try something like that too!! Thank you for inspiration :)

Looks great - but that is an ADHD nightmare. I'm glad you had the patience; I like how it looks.

Wow, that's a lot of work! It's a bit pity that the curls didn't realky show up once the soap is cut. You cansee them, but not that much.

It took so long! But once I got on a roll it wasn't so bad. The trick is to make sure they aren't spiraled too tightly, otherwise the soap might end up with air pockets in the spirals. All in all, It was very much worth it. :)

I used a couple bars that I made a few weeks ago from a not-so-pretty batch, (had I used much newer or older bars, they wouldn't have spiraled right). I just peeled them up into enough spirals to fill my mold. I had set up all the spirals so that they were standing, but the soap ends up moving them all around, so it really doesn't matter how you put in your spirals. To save time, I would just throw them all in the mold in no special setup.

Yeah, some of the bars are better than others. When they dry, I think I'll shave them so that the spirals are more visible on the tops and bottoms. When I go to do a colored spiral batch, It should look a lot better.

Back