Lemon Poppyseed

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aunt Polly

Reaction score
CP soap, ungelled, with Lemon Poppyseed FO, yellow oxide powder, and TD. (cocoa powder pencil line)

Picture 002.jpg

Funny story--I intended to put the poppy seeds in the yellow half, but I forgot. So I had to add them to the white part---which turned out ok afterall. :oops:

I like the poppy seeds in the white I think they'd stand out more in white. I just bought a new lemon FO that I have not tried yet but maybe I will try adding a poppyseed pencil line. I love getting ideas on here! Thanks for sharing

I think the poppyseeds turned out nice in the top for more of a contrast. I bet is smells as yummy as it looks too. How much of the yellow oxide did you use to get your color? I'm trying to gauge how much to use in my next batch since my first time was very light in comparison. And nice job on the pencil line!

Kazmi, you know what? I just mixed a little yellow oxide with some of the OO in the recipe, the I added it at trace a little at a time until I thought it was the right color. I know that's not very helpful or precise, but it's what I do! Thank you for the compliments!!

that looks sooooo scrumptious! I like the poppyseeds in the white, too. my pencil lines always look like lumpy "potholes". very nice job!

Kazmi, you know what? I just mixed a little yellow oxide with some of the OO in the recipe, the I added it at trace a little at a time until I thought it was the right color. I know that's not very helpful or precise, but it's what I do! Thank you for the compliments!!

It was helpful! thanks!

Very nice!! I love how they turned out...funny it wasn't planned that way.
@ashleyrobertson, I've seen a lot of pencil lines using cocoa, but yes you can use micas, just make sure to use a light dusting in order to keep the color from "dragging" as you slice it.

I usually turn loaf on side to slice when there is a pencil line, so the cutter won't drag through the pencil line.

I think the poppyseeds in the white portion makes it look like real vanilla icecream with the vanilla seeds incorporated. Yummy!

Back