Lavender - Essential or Fragrance Oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctay122

Reaction score
I'm looking at prices for lavender EO, and of course, they are a bit high.
I am planning on making a lavender bath line to sell for fall and Christmas bazaars....
Will have soap, a sugar scrub and a bath salt.

I'm wondering if I should go with a lavender FO instead of an EO.
I normally use the Lavender 40/42.
I've never used lavender FO.

Just wondering what people think, and is there much of a difference in the smell?
Also do customers expect a EO instead of an FO? Could they tell the difference? Not sure if people really care what is used as
long as it smells like lavender (though I know some people are partial to the natural lavender).

I'm trying to find a source for the best price, I've beem looking at Organic Creations.

Thanks for your help!

You can try Elements Bath and Body. They carry several lavender FO's (lavender martini is my favorite) & lavender 40/42. I get most of my fragrances from them. You can order samples of the FO's for $1-$1.25 each. Hope that helps.

I was wondering the same thing.. I was also going to do a lavender gift basket and was wondering if F.O. scent would last longer.

Donna

SoapAddict415 said:
You can try Elements Bath and Body. They carry several lavender FO's (lavender martini is my favorite) & lavender 40/42. I get most of my fragrances from them. You can order samples of the FO's for $1-$1.25 each. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the link, I never heard of them. I'm looking at a Bartlett (pear) and Basil FO on their website that sounds interesting too!

Back