Late night experiments in soap land

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnaMarie

Reaction score
It's 10:30 pm, and I'm tired :yawn: Sensible Me :angel: says I really should go to bed. Ridiculous Me :crazy: takes over and decides it's time to make shampoo bars:Kitten Love:
So here I am.....

My experiment recipe I came up with for the night:

6.05 oz aloe Vera liquid
5.6 oz avocado oil
1.6 oz castor
3.2 oz coconut oil
2.5 oz chamomile infused almond oil
3.5 oz evo
2 oz sodium hydroxide

This is a 10% superfat recipe with a high conditioning level. For fun I throw in an ounce of chamomile extract (hey, I'm blond. Why not??). I also put in a couple of tsp of tea tree eo and spike lavender eo to boost scalp health. To be sure, this will be a soft bar, but we will see what happens.

that's it???? no pics???? pics are a must, esp for crazy late night experiments! :D

AnnaMarie, you could throw in some sodium lactate to help make it harder next time...

speaking of poo bar, i brought in mine to the salon today. the poor girl who washed my hair was looking bewildered, lol. she thought i was crazy or something to wash my hair with a bar of soap. i told her no it's a shampoo bar. she still looked bewildered.

btw, what kind of hair/scalp do you have? that high avocado looks so yummy..

Okay gals, here's your pics:

image.jpg

The pictures are in reverse order. The first one shows the gel phase that it is still coming out of. The second picture is the freshly poured soap. Did I mention that I didn't know it was spring forward when I started this last night? I'm toasted today:yawn:
Cheers!
Anna Marie

Latest posts

Back