KOH, what should I do with this?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ifiyenia

Reaction score
I was shopping my soap materials this afternoon and I just opened the bags to see that I've bought a kg of Potassium Hydroxide, (KOH) instead of my usual Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH).

It's not worth the trouble to go all the way back to the market to change it, but I really don't know what to do with it.

Should I give it a try for liquid soap? I had no intention going that way, but I hate to see it going to waste. Any ideas?

kbuska said:
I vote for liquid soap either now or later.

I think I'll go with the "later", Kbuska. It seems like way too much time consuming and requires lots of patience, which right now I don't have :)
But I know since I have KOH in my hands, I' m bound to use it at some point... uf!

Ifiyenia said:
kbuska said:
I vote for liquid soap either now or later.

I think I'll go with the "later", Kbuska. It seems like way too much time consuming and requires lots of patience, which right now I don't have :)
But I know since I have KOH in my hands, I' m bound to use it at some point... uf!

True and you would need to find containers.

It's very stable if you keep it dry and in an air tight container.

You can use it sooner or later for liquid soap, or in combo with sodium hydroxide to make cream soap - which is fun stuff.

liquid soap isn't hard, but it's probably best to concentrate on one new thing at a time.

Back