Just made my first charcoal soap!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soaplady22

Reaction score
I used 1 tsp. for a 16 oz. swirl, and 1 tsp TD in the pot for a good white to contrast. I ended up with both black areas and lots of greys!!

You guys weren't kidding when you said this stuff goes all over everywhere!! Opening the pkg sent a poof out into the room ... but I got transfered to a ziplock bag and all is well. Except for the spot on the floor!!

Here's a picture:

http://s1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... lsoap1.jpg

TY!! :)
Yes, I used a 3" PVC pipe for these. They turned out pretty cool - but a little more grey than I was expecting. It traced really sloooooow so next time I'll wait for a thicker trace before pouring I think. Maybe. We'll see; these turned out nice enough.

I used anise EO for these. 1.5 oz for 3#. I think it's enough. Time will tell.

ITP swirls are always a bit wispy, especially in tubes. very lovely.

I use the activated charcoal that I can find at my local health food store. They come in capsule form made by Nature's Way. It's probably more pricey than in bulk, but I don't need all that much for a batch and I don't use it very often, so it works out just fine for me.

IrishLass :)

wow i think the colouring looks awesome. Very impressed. Way to go!!!

Thanks for sharing. I am hoping to get my Charcoal and TD in the mail today. I want to do a Black and white swirl for my Bathroom

Latest posts

Back