Just like I imagined!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judymoody

Reaction score
For the past several years, my daughter has performed in the Nutcracker and I have been making commemorative soap for her and her fellow cast members, inspired by one of the roles she and her friends have danced. I try to make the soap coordinate with their costumes.

This year she was cast in Snow, a new part for her. The costume is a mostly white classical tutu with a pale blue overlay with constrasting silver thread. I used those colors for my color palette. I also wanted to evoke shadows on the snow, a bit of ice crystals on the top, and a mounded shape to suggest a snow drift.

Colors are titanium dioxide, blue ultramarine and silver mica. The scent is an EO blend of peppermint, spearmint, eucalyptus radiata and camphor, in descending order. Smells like a sophisticated candy cane.

I was so happy when I cut today. I feared I might have overdone the blue, but no. It is not the fanciest soap ever but it matches my vision and I'm very pleased.

nbw6.jpg

kdms.jpg

It's gorgeous! It looks like snow and matches the description of the costume perfectly! Would love to see a pic of the ensemble!

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

How pretty! It looks just like a big snow drift, and I bet it smells wonderful!

It is lovely and I think the fragrances match it perfectly!
Am struggling with TD lately. Did you gel?

I'm sure your daughter and cast members are pleased. Such a thoughtful mom!
Kudos to you!!!

What a wonderful idea, the girls must be thrilled with it! Would love to see pics of them in costume holding your soap. Absolutely beautiful, Judi, you sound like a wonderful mom.

It is lovely and I think the fragrances match it perfectly!
Am struggling with TD lately. Did you gel?

I'm sure your daughter and cast members are pleased. Such a thoughtful mom!
Kudos to you!!!

I did use TD and I did gel but I tend to use a light hand. You can see that the soap is creamy off white and not bright white.

I premix my TD in olive oil and that helps it to distribute evenly, I think.

Thanks everybody for the kind words.

All of them are going to love your soap!! The sparkles on top go perfectly with the theme and your blue swirls are sooo nice!

I am (almost!) at a loss for words! That is so incredibly sweet of you and the soap is just beautiful. Wow. I agree - what a mom. :eek:

Beautiful and perfect for Winter, wish I could smell it! The combination sounds wonderful.

Love these!
Love when it comes out like you imagined it.
That is rare for me. Sometimes they turn out better, sometimes worse, but rarely like I imagined. :smile:

Latest posts

Back