Jojoba Oil in Shampoo Bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simplymcghie

Reaction score
So I bought some jojoba oil to try out in my shampoo bars and I'm very excited about it. However, I'm not sure what percentage of the jojoba oil I should use in my recipe. I've run it through soapcalc a few times trying to come up with a recipe based off my current favorite shampoo bar recipe and I'm noticing that it softens the recipe up (according to soapcalc) and actually decreases the conditioning and bubblyness. Bubblyness I sort of understand why it would decrease with the addition of jojoba oil but I thought it was suppose to be a really conditioning oil. Why is the conditioning be decreased when jojoba oil is added to the recipe? Is soapcalc just way off and I shouldn't worry so much about it? I'm confused. Help? Please?

Also, hello everyone. It's been a while since I've been on the forum. The holidays have been crazy busy for me. :)

those values are based on the saponifiable components of the oils. jojoba's moisturizing/conditioning benefit is from the unsaponifiables so wont' show up in the soapcalc numbers.

Latest posts

Back