jojoba anyone use?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
I dont hear of many people using this, is it too expensive or doesnt work well?

I use jojoba in my shampoo bars, because it's got such good oil properties for my hair.
Jojoba has a high percent of unsaponifiables so it's only good (IMO) in low percentages, otherwise there is a higher chance of rancidity and DOS...

The only time I use jojoba in soap is in a special batch I make for some folks in my life who have some real skin issues..like eczema or super sensitive soap. I use one ounce in a 2 lb. batch. There are other things in that soap as well....like colloidal oatmeal and goat milk. I make 6 lbs at a time and I have trouble keeping up with the demand for this one soap.

I've used it once, I think I used about 5oz in a 4lb recipe, the soap is still curing, so I haven't got to try it out yet. The soap itself turned out really nicely, kinda softer than my usual recipe produces, and jojoba was the only oil I'd changed, but its firming up pretty well.

I use jojoba in all my soaps. About 2 teaspoons per 5 pound batch. I mix the jojoba and fragrance together and it goes in last after cooking the soap.

Maria said:
I use jojoba in all my soaps. About 2 teaspoons per 5 pound batch. I mix the jojoba and fragrance together and it goes in last after cooking the soap.
does it make it feel better on skin?

I use Jojoba in most of my soaps at a rate between 5 and 10 %. Never had any problems with soap going rancid though.

personally, i LOVE jojoba in lotion bars and lotions as it leaves a soft, non greasy feeling and has a LONG shelf life.

i dont notice a significant improvement in my soaps to justify the cost.

monet

Yes it makes a noticeable difference. It leaves my skin soft but not slick or greasy. I rarely use lotion anymore. It only takes a little if you HP.

Latest posts

Back