Is this safe for a pregnant woman?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Athena2121

Reaction score
Hello, I'm making a set of soaps for a pregnant woman I know , I've been looking into what she can and can't use.
So far I have :
Organic Vigrin Coconut Oil, Shea Butter ( stephenson brand )
Colloidal oatmeal
Usda certified organic lavender essential oil, and I want to add organic honey but I don't know if it's safe ? Oh and is non toxic soap colorant safe too ? Like 1 drop ?
Thank you for your time .

Hi, how about any olive oil, avocado oil, rice bran oil. Maybe a bit of castor oil. High percentage coconut oil soaps. Are very cleansing and usually on the harsh side. From what I've read. That's as far as I go. Someone with more experience will hopefully chime in.

Since you mentioned the Stephenson brand, I’m guessing you are using a melt-and pour base. Is that correct? If so, you are limited to very small amounts of additives. Lavender is generally safe in small amounts.

Hello, I'm making a set of soaps for a pregnant woman I know , I've been looking into what she can and can't use.
So far I have :
Organic Vigrin Coconut Oil, Shea Butter ( stephenson brand )
Colloidal oatmeal
Usda certified organic lavender essential oil, and I want to add organic honey but I don't know if it's safe ? Oh and is non toxic soap colorant safe too ? Like 1 drop ?
Thank you for your time .
Are you making cold process soap or are you doing melt and pour soap?

Are you making cold process soap or are you doing melt and pour soap?
Melt and pour shea butter , stephensons brand.

Since you mentioned the Stephenson brand, I’m guessing you are using a melt-and pour base. Is that correct? If so, you are limited to very small amounts of additives. Lavender is generally safe in small amounts.
Yes that is true , I am using Mel and pour , Is that okay ?

Hi, how about any olive oil, avocado oil, rice bran oil. Maybe a bit of castor oil. High percentage coconut oil soaps. Are very cleansing and usually on the harsh side. From what I've read. That's as far as I go. Someone with more experience will hopefully chime in.
I will add In olive oil, ty

Is organic honey okay to add into my soaps for the pregnant woman I know ?

Yes, you can use M&P, but be careful about how much honey and oil you add. Most M&P bases don't allow you to add very much in the way of additional oils or other ingredients. Your base should give you an amount that can be used without negatively affecting the soap.

Latest posts

Back