is there an easier way???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awi

Reaction score
I bought some lotion base which came in a gallon jug. I want to scent it with essential oils without too much exposure to contaminants. Is there a way I am overlooking other than pouring it all out into another container adding the eo and stirring before returning to the jug again? It just seems like a lot of trouble. I guess you could pump out enough to fill one container at a time into a baggie and add the eo's and squish it around. Anyone have any advise or suggestions??? Many thanks!

HI Awi - Some Formulators will use the gallon pump to get their lotions out. If you choose to make small batches of differently fragranced lotions from your gallon jugs, you can easily use a plastic zip lock bag to mix your lotion in. Then simply cut a small corner of the bag... this will allow you to squeeze the mixture into your bottles.

Hope that helps...

Thanks those are helpful, but I was really wanting to scent this gallon all the same and pump each order straight into my container from the gallon jug. I guess I will just have to dump it all out and scent and then replace it into the gallon jug. I just thought someone might have a handy tip here so that I didn't have to "handle" it so much.

Back