Is it possible for a normal CP Soap to be super drying on the skin?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thessalystra

Reaction score
So, I've been using a bar of CP soap from my 4th or 5th batch (I'm new to all of this) and for the last 2 days I've got dry skins on my arm. Just one arm, and just this batch. It's a honey soap with cinnamon FO (not EO) at only 3% PPO. Right before this one I used another soap (from another batch with the same basic recipe but different FO) and there was no problem whatsoever. The rest of the family also doesn't have any problem with the soap.

So.. Is it possible that the soap happen to be drying my skin too much? Is it normal for human skin to peel off by itself sometimes?

Thanks for any input.

Perhaps the soap is only highlighting some thing else that is making that arm sensitive? Do you sit in a place where that arm gets more sun exposure? It could be exposure to sun outside, but it could also be exposure through a window because some of the rays still pass through the glass and can affect the skin. Maybe that arm comes in contact with some thing when you lean up against it?

Fragrance oils with cinnamon scent frequently irritate skin.

Perhaps the soap is only highlighting some thing else that is making that arm sensitive? Do you sit in a place where that arm gets more sun exposure? It could be exposure to sun outside, but it could also be exposure through a window because some of the rays still pass through the glass and can affect the skin. Maybe that arm comes in contact with some thing when you lean up against it?

Fragrance oils with cinnamon scent frequently irritate skin.

Maybe, although I still can't figure out what. I recently changed my body lotion tho. Ironically that's to moisturize my skin. 😅

Hi,
what was the usage rate of the FO? Have you used a cinnamon fo before? Maybe you have a sensitivity to cinnamon? If everybody else is OK with it.

It's 2.5%. And I've used that previously with no problem. 😞

Latest posts

Back