In need of some design inspiration!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all! Let me start out by saying that I absolutely love this forum! Everyone has been so supportive of each other and willing to share your experiences to help out your fellow soapers, it’s just a beautiful community!!

With that being said, I’m having a hard time setting on a design and curious to see what all of you amazing soapers reccomend for a new design. I don’t know why, but I can’t bring myself to throw mine away.

I’ve shredded, curled and crumbled some to add texture or different designs to new batches. I'm a long time soap maker, and am drawing a blank! The attached picture is strawberry riesling wine soap that I just cut, but I also have an abundance watermelon white merlot, peach chardonnay and black cherry merlot scraps. Ignore my messiness!!!

I edited after realizing that I was focusing on the wrong thing. I do have a lot of scraps, but I'm mainly looking for design inspiration for my fruit soap scraps! Fruit salad?

9DA11809-F277-4A2F-A656-BA215FC76E24.jpeg

Attachments

• stberrysoap.jpg
    stberrysoap.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Embeds! I'd take the chunkier pieces and stand them vertically within fresh, slightly thick soap batter. Maybe pour just enough to have some to push the embeds into, and pour the rest that's not too thick on top.

Not sure if I said that right but in my head I understood it lol

Or if you have time... Separately the colors. Cut the green off and use both colors separately? Together but not "joined" might work too. Lil tiny colored cubes would look cute suspended in either black or white I would think.

And oh, here's another very recent thread you might find some suggestions in.

Please check other threads before posting the same subject. This was only posted just recently, we seem to be repeating ourselves over and over again on the same subjects. Just use the search engine at the top of the page right hand side.

https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/what-do-you-do-with-your-scraps.74350/#post-758139
Embeds! I'd take the chunkier pieces and stand them vertically within fresh, slightly thick soap batter. Maybe pour just enough to have some to push the embeds into, and pour the rest that's not too thick on top.

Not sure if I said that right but in my head I understood it lol

Or if you have time... Separately the colors. Cut the green off and use both colors separately? Together but not "joined" might work too. Lil tiny colored cubes would look cute suspended in either black or white I would think.

And oh, here's another very recent thread you might find some suggestions in.
Dawni, you said it perfectly! Thank you!! I do think it would be better to leave them together, but there's enough to probably do something each way!!

Relle, my deepest, most sincere apologies... I will check next time before a question pops up in my brain. I'm fairly new to posting on this site, still learning the ropes!

Since you have kind of a fruity cocktail theme going on, you could shape some of the larger chunks - possibly triangles? - and dot them along the top of a fresh soap. Maybe a fruit medly scented soap, with a white top that's mounded up a little. Give it a fruity drink with whipped cream and fruit pieces kind of feel.

Since you have kind of a fruity cocktail theme going on, you could shape some of the larger chunks - possibly triangles? - and dot them along the top of a fresh soap. Maybe a fruit medly scented soap, with a white top that's mounded up a little. Give it a fruity drink with whipped cream and fruit pieces kind of feel.
I absolutely love this idea!! !Thank you!

Latest posts

Back