If You could Only have 5

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I would have to hang myself-LOL!

Lavender
Lemongrass
Cedar (or Sandalwood)
Tangerine
Spearmint

my 5

LOL I know what you all mean. I have been using EO's since back in the late 80's but not for soap. Besides my pet career I took time off to become a massge therapist so made and used Eo that way. Now I have a /in the making of a big herb garden so hope to distill my own. Took a course in herbalism way back too.

My 5

allspice
wintergreen
a citrus(any of them work for me)
spearmint
patch and if not that sandlewood

Only 5...methinks you want to kill me, lol!:twisted:

Sage
Rosemary
Mint
Lavender
Vanilla (even though I heard it is troublesome as ass!)

I would go with:

Patchouli
Lavender
Peppermint
Sweet Orange
Eucalyptus

Why I chose these because I love blending all these for some of my popular formulas!

Just re-read this thread (thanks for the bump!) and I find I have changed my top 5....now that I am using them in CP soap and doing some blending, not just one EO on its own as a fragrance, now......

Litsea (still #1)
Patchouli - love it, love it!
Any citrus (still loving lime)
Rose Geranium
Lemon Myrtle
Lavender.....

Okay I know that's six so strike off the lavender....I only like it blended with either patch or may chang anyway!

Tanya
:)

topcat said:
Just re-read this thread (thanks for the bump!) and I find I have changed my top 5....now that I am using them in CP soap and doing some blending, not just one EO on its own as a fragrance, now......

Litsea (still #1)
Patchouli - love it, love it!
Any citrus (still loving lime)
Rose Geranium
Lemon Myrtle
Lavender.....

Okay I know that's six so strike off the lavender....I only like it blended with either patch or may chang anyway!

Tanya
:)

no one said ylang ylang, im suprised! i hate lavender, pachouli by itself, yuck. I used real rose, very spendy, no one liked it. Isnt sandalwood spendy?

Back