I think i finally got my label...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenmarie82

Reaction score
Let me know what you think about my new labels. Thanks.
cigarbandsoap-1.jpg
[/img]

oh and that's not my lavender soap..it's lemon poppyseed..i just grabbed it to test out the label!

...Also, when i leave these in a shop, should i leave them naked with the label or wrap them? Will it harm the soap to leave them exposed? It's MP.

Hi!

Most MP soapers will tell you to wrap your soaps in shrink wrap or cellophane and then seal up to keep the moisture out. MP attracts moisture from the air so it is a good idea. With that gorgeous label you can probably wrap yours or pop in a cello bag and fold over then seal and add label over the top.

You have come up with a really attractive label which complements your soap beautifully. Well done! :D

Tanya

Yes, you do need to wrap them for a couple reasons. First, the soap will draw moisture out of the air , get sticky & stick to the paper if you don't & second, the soap will wither, shrink & crack over time, you will see a difference in a couple months. You can use a cheap thin brand of saran wrap & wrap it snug in that before you slip the band on. You can still smell through the saran. It is harder to smell through the cello or shrink wrap & I think the shrink wrap leaves an odor on the soap. Shrink on CP is OK because you leave the ends open for the bar to breath, but sealed tight I smell a distinct unpleasant odor.

I like to shrink wrap my mp soaps it just looks cleaner. Well that and because sometimes I suck at using saran wrap! But tab is right once you place a mp soap on a table it will pick up everything and stick to your very beautiful label.

Hey, I really do love your label -- the little flower adds just the right touch, too!

the label is lovely. you might want to make it a touch wider though, it looks a bit out of proportion to me somehow.

and yes, wrap in saran under that soap band.

Latest posts

Back