I swear I've done this before! Ugh!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My3monkees

Reaction score
I swear, I really do know how to make soap. :problem: But I think I've lost my touch! :-( It has been 4 years and feel like I'm starting from scratch.
I made soap for several years, and I sold it. I wasn't someone who sold on a whim. I worked really hard at it. I was good at it, had some really nice soaps and other products. But now, I can't seem to get it right. I've only made a few for now. But one, I forgot how much my mold held. I also forgot to discount my water. So it turned out thin and soft. I made salt bars with sea salt, then remembered why I always used a finer grind. I much prefer the texture. I made a coffee soap, that had a real pretty top. But it overheated and is now in the fridge.
Also made a basic bar today. It went into the mold so nicely, had traced perfectly. Should have had a nice reddish swirl throughout, and nice red layer on top But it also overheated, cracked down the middle and an oil slick on top. Now sitting in the fridge. :oops:

I took off from soaping for 10 years, so I understand. In some ways it is like starting over. But you will find that much of it will come back to you. Just relax and enjoy!

Latest posts

Back