How's your weather?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's lightly snowing right now--feels like being in a snow globe. Very festive! it's about -7 C.

I find it colder in Vienna than Vancouver! so I guess I am not a very good Canadian 8)
(but I did live through a few Saskatchewan winters, for my sins.)

I currently live in the dryest state in Australia ... and at this time of the year it's hot and dry. Day temps are now heading to the 40's ... but at the moment it's still in the high 20's to mid 30's.

I was born in New Zeland and lived there till the end of 1994, so I'm used to snow and much cooler temps. Love the mountains, lakes and rivers in New Zealand ... so clear, so fresh and beautiful.

I've also lived in Fiji ... where the weather was 30 degrees, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. I lived on the west coast, so very little humidity ... I loved it!

It's raining here today, which in one way is good , I have collected heaps of rainwater for my soaps but it's also turned really cold ( was hot and humid yesterday) . The weatherman says it will be sunny again tomorrow but I'm not looking forward to the 31 degrees the he has promised as the humidity will b a killer......

Its sunny, blue sky and little windy in Sydney today and 25C. Think they forecast it to have some rain on Christmas Day. Nice to have some sun for a change instead of all the rain.

Relle.

It started raining yesterday and it has been off and on today. The problem where I live is that the area is below sea level. Even though it's mostly sand, the water has nowhere to go. Some of the streets are still closed tonight as they flooded.

The forecast for Washington DC & Virginia is SNOW on Christmas!
I'm so excited, a White Christmas is perfection!

Delta just canceled 500 flights out of Atlanta because the weather is supposed to get really bad this weekend...

Soapbuddy: I hope you are all well out there, we lived in S.D. the last time you all had this much rain. Miss the year round good weather when I'm looking out at upwards of 3 inches of snow and not looking at stopping completely til Sunday. I AM SO GOING TO MOVE BACK THERE!

calico21 said:
Soapbuddy: I hope you are all well out there, we lived in S.D. the last time you all had this much rain. Miss the year round good weather when I'm looking out at upwards of 3 inches of snow and not looking at stopping completely til Sunday. I AM SO GOING TO MOVE BACK THERE!
The sun came out today after all that rain. I wish the back yard wasn't a sinking mud hole. I'd rather have mud than snow though.

I lived in Canada 5 yrs ago and loved it! Love the weather! It is actually snowing where I live now in East Texas today,hopefully it will continue for a few days.

Well it's Jan. 27th now and snowier than before.....cold but not so cold as the -20's we had. Still no sign of sun, so I'm increasing my dosage of Vitamin D to 4000 IU's per day.

and I woke up with sniffles this morning.....used up half a box of tissues already, sob....but found half a bottle of Oil of Oregano from my last cold, so that's feeling like an upper.

Need to go to town though, for some soapmaking oils I ordered, more Tylenol for Colds, and some chicken soup ingredients.

Blech! Only 10 more weeks of winter and I'm falling.....

DC and the surrounding metropolitan area, including Northern Virginia, where I live, got it's first significant snowfall of the winter yesterday. Unfortunately, most of the snowfall occurred during rush hour causing bottlenecks and traffic jams where poor working folks were stuck in traffic for 5-12 hours!!! Can you imagine????? Some people just had to abandon their cars and walk home, that's how bad it was out there. We just weren't prepared at all!

I was lucky...I was at home in my jammies all day :D

Latest posts

Back