How will I use powdered milk in Rebatching shreds ??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry S

Reaction score
I have done a lot of rebatching in the past and with a lot of success. I have read though that using powdered milk will make the rebatched soap more liquid and pourable in getting it in the mold. I have two methods of rebatching soap shreds; one is to mix my shreds with a new batch of oils incorporating it into a new batch of soap finally using a crock pot. The second is to just rebatch the shreds using a crock pot but first soaking my shreds with as much water as to make it look like a wet salad, then adding liquid milk until its liquid enough to get it in the mold.
How would I use the powdered milk in each of the two methods that I use to rebatch? Will I mix my powdered milk with water first or mix dry?
Jerry S

rebatch

Thanks for that tip and the rebatching site….one always can learn new techniques. I dashed out and bought a small packet of powdered milk….not the instant…so I guess I’ll either grind it up into a powder with my magic bullet or mix some water with it before putting it in my mix…
Jerry :lol:

Latest posts

Back