How much pure absolute to use ppo?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieSpinne

Reaction score
So I have a line on some pure Osmanthus and Tilia Flower absolutes (not diluted) for a reasonable price.

I know in perfumery, absolutes are used at a much smaller fraction of the total weight of carrier than Essentials and such.

My questions are thus...
how much less should I use in g/KgO?
how do you mix your absolutes into a soap-batch? Are they OK for Cold Process, Hot Process, rebatching?
and finally, should I just save the absolutes for perfumery and other body products and forget using them in soap?

Although the price on the absolutes is reasonable for what they are, they are not cheap and I don't want to waste them.

My advice is to use them in other products. They'll stand out that way. I think they'll get lost in soap, no matter which way you make it. JMHO

Thank you for your response...
I rather suspected that an absolute might get lost in the chemistry of soaping, but the real stuff SMELLS SO GOOD! I was hoping to use that in a perfumer's bar... ah well.

I use them in soap, I use 1/2 then that of EO's and they are great, gets pricy thou. Have done both CP and HP with absolutes as they are some of my favourite scents, why have a bar of soap if you know it could smell better to your taste.

I should add that I have tried 3 absolutes in soap, as there are a many and some may react differently then others.

Latest posts

Back