How much honey?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NatureandNurture

Reaction score
Normally, how much honey would you add per lb of oils and does it matter what kind of honey it is?

x

any good honey will do.

i generally add about .5 oz to 48 oz oils, tho i know other soapers use more. i mix it thoroughly in my reserved goatsmilk and add after i mix in my lye water.

the trick to no honey glops in your soap is to thoroughly mix and thin out the honey before it goes into the soap batter.

Acacia honey gives the soap a soft honey scent that sticks very well. Reg works well too. I use a TBSP PPO.

Kitn

Last time I did honey I added to my oils.Worked really well,& no brown ooze. :)

I've settled on 1tabs ppo. One recipe I found,from a reliable source has 1/8 cup ppo!!! :shock:

I think I must have bad honey mojo.

I've made two batches with honey. The first was at 1tbsp ppo, the second was 1tsp ppo. Both got hard as a rock and crumbly (though the first much more than the second). The recipe used was one I use quite frequently, and I soaped at room temperature. I let one gel and the other went straight to the fridge in case overheating had been the culprit.

Maybe 3rd time's a charm?

Latest posts

Back