Hoping for the best from Natures Garden

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bama

Reaction score
I can't believe I ordered then read the reviews. I have never ordered from them before but wanted to try their FO since a lot of people mention them. I ordered OMH and it seemed to have good reviews but the Rice Petal and Shea had all bad reviews.
I ordered their Sandlewood too and it didn't get a good review.
I ordered Sun your Buns and didn't see a review but the Butt naked didn't have a good review either.
Have any of you tried these from them and they turned out good and had lassting Fragrance?
I just hate to waste money but it won't be the first time.
All the reviews I read on Rice petal said it accelerated too.
Give me some hope if you can

I've ordered from them before but none of the scents you mentioned.

The ones I have I found them to be a little weak and I have to use the max. Except for the White Tea and it's really strong.

I've tried OMH and did NOT like it.

Also tried Butt Naked...and it's one of my favorites. And I got Asian Sandlewood, also liked it.

I've used lots of FOs from NG, but not very many from other suppliers. So, I don't have much to compare.

Thanks I will try and make the FO to the max. I ordered the Rice petal because I had used a Rice Flower and Shame I got somewhere and threw the bottle away which I wish I hadn't so I could tell where i ordered it from . It is Divine still after three months. I may have ordered it from Scent Works or Candlepro. I try to keep the empty bottles of the ones I really love.

Haven't soaped any of those but I am having trouble keeping up with the demand of Dragons blood!!!! It is beautiful soaped . Going to try loving spell this week so will post results if you like :0)

Yes that would be nice. I had someone send me a bar of DragonsBlood they made and maybe they used to much FO but I had to put it out of the house as it nauseated me to smell it. They didn't get it from NG though. I think they got it from BB. They sent me a large bottle of Morrcocan Fig because they didn't like the smell just sniffing the bottle. I think it smells good and am soaping with it tomorrow. It is from BB

I've used a few from NG including OMH. I was using WSP OMH before and the NG didn't seem quite as strong OOB as WSP. The NG OMH has more of a sweetness to it, but it's not bad. Very similiar, IMO. I soaped the NG OMG and the bars turned out very nice. Leaves a nice scent on the skin, as well. I really like strong FOs. I used 1 oz pp.

So, the FOs that I have orderd from NG have been good. I read all the user reviews on their site, this forum and Soap Scent Review before I buy. I have a long list of others that I will be purchasing from NG. So far I've been pleased. HTH

I am hoping to soap the Black type tomorrow and fingers crossed its a goodie as Royal Aromatics as they were many moons ago sold an amazing dupe of this fragrance, I still have people asking after it all these years later so would be great to find another good dupe :0)

Got my order from NG today. I hope I am more impressed when I soap with them than when I just smelled them in the bottles. They don't seem as strong as FO I have gotten from CandleScience, Scentworks, SOS and BB. I am going to try some of them out on Thurs.
CandleScience seems to have the best Prices I have seen on FO. When I bought from them someone on here shared that they were having a sale and I 1 oz bottles of FO for 99 cents each and you could by three of each kind. I don't think I have tried one I didn't like. There regular price is just 1.99 per oz. I think I will shop with them again. Their Drakkar was really good.

I've been pretty pleased with most of my NG fragrances. The only one you mentioned that I've soaped is Butt Naked. I really love it. It does discolor. I'm sorry, but I don't have experience with any of the others you mentioned.

BTW, I don't know what you are using your FOs for, but just to point out to everyone. CS's Drakkar is not body safe. That's a bummer, because I'm always looking for new FOs to make soap for hubby.

Nancy you are so right about the Drakkar. I thought I had looked at every FO to make sure I got the body safe. No wonder it smelled so good. Well it is all used up with no ill effect. I bought another Drakkar from another company and didn't like it nearly as well. Thank you for noticing for me :)
The Butt naked I used originally in a salt bar I really like soaped. It didn't discolor at all. I need to see where I got it from. I think I got it from SOS
I threw that empty bottle out before I started saving the ones I liked so I could see where I got them from.

Ive alwayas been really happy with ng, I just bought rice petal/shea, i adore the drakkar I got from them, love "angel" i bought omh, it does seem light in the bottle, we'll see!

Well, I've been using the NG OMH soap and I'm sad to report that it has morphed and now has a bad play-dough smell. When smelling the bars you don't really notice it, but when they get wet it morphs terribly. As I stated above, the fragrance is lighter than WSP to begin with, but I remained optimistic. I'm quite disappointed, as I made a 12 bar batch with this. I was really hoping this would be a winner for me based on the site reviews and all.

I truly prefer complex FOs with a lot of depth. I've used their Pink Sugar in CP and lotion, but it's the only Pink Sugar I've used, so I have nothing to compare it to. I still have some others I want to try from NG. I'm not giving up yet. :?

You know I am old crazy and very forgetful. I was looking for Candlepro.com where I got my Orange Blossom FO. that I love and the Drakkar. I thought I got the Drakkar from another place. Come to find out they kept sending me to NG everytime I googled. I have apparently bought from them in the past and thought it was candlepro. So I do have FO that I like from them,. The Orange Blossom is a favorite of mine. Their Drakkar too. You just have to use enough of The FO to count.

I hope my OMH turns out good and not like play dough. It smells just like oatmeal right now after two weeks. I had soaped with a oatmeal honey FO from Aztec and it smelled so good for about three weeks and now the scent is fading. Trial and error. I am trying to make small batches when I don't know how it last or works. I am saving the bottles of the ones I like so I can order again.

I've had pretty good luck with ng, but I haven't used any of the oils you mentioned...sorry.

Soaped with French Lavender today and it behaved well and smells wonderful. I added a little of their Vanilla Lavender to it.
Also Soaped with Ylang Ginger and did not A but turned the batter yellow. I already had some activated charcoal mixed to make a black and white swirl but when the it so suddenly turned yellow I just added the charcoal to a bit and made black and yellow. Will see how it turns out. It does smell good

Latest posts

Back