hiring sales rep to sell product?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinytreats

Reaction score
i just read this very interesting post just now, and I have questions!

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=34592

I'm somewhat familiar with Avon and Scentsy...but I'm wondering if doing this for soap would be profitable?

If i were to hire a sales rep or two, i wouldn't need to pay them by the hour, correct? just pay them their commission earned based on sales? i never really thought of doing this to help generate a client base. It's brilliant! haha. Has anyone had any success with this? I assume you would do a formal interview as well?

A member (I think it was heartsong) mentioned she had done this awhile back. I don't know if it was successful or if she even continued it. I think it would be like anything else to be profitable - low supply cost and a lot of sales. But it would be like Avon, commission based upon sales. I don't know if you've need to do a formal interview. I think if people love your products; then they might make good sales people as long as they're motivated.

Full-commission may work out for some businesses while partial-commission benefit other businesses. Then there are some businesses that have sales reps pay for their own supplies (they keep the profit for themselves) as well as possible fees (maybe for access to training videos and additional resources). Whatever you do, make sure that it is legal and good luck.

Heartsong had trouble keeping up with demand because she was on the road all the time. That was the last I heard about it.

Thank you for everyone's replies. I'm going to do some homework on this. I'm thinking it could be a good way to generate income and sales on the off seasons and to encourage repeat business made over Christmas time.

Latest posts

Back