Himalayan Salt candles?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heartandsoap

Reaction score
Is anyone making Himalayan Salt candles? I'm not really a candlemaker so am wondering how to go about it.
I've heard that they add negative ions to the air to balance the harmful positive ions emitted by electronic devices.
They are also great for your health as they contain 84 of the natural minerals present in our bodies.

here's a link...
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/himalayan-salt-benefits.html

i am not sure but i think that they are using hollowed out salt crystals (big ones) and then putting a light or tea light candle into them. perhaps it is the warmth from the fire that is releasing the ions you mentioned? they are beautiful to look at, i hope you find a way to make them!

Well, I researched but didn't really find anything.
I went to the hardware store to get a simmering thingamajig to try and to my amazement they had the salt lamps there :D :D
So I bought two. I'm so glad I didn't have to send away for them.

I have two salt lamps and they are electric. Not sure if they are doing anything yet. You have to have them on all the time or they weep water.

Funny enough when I went to the produce store to buy rabbit food, they had rock salt there for the animals that were exactly the same. Not sure if you can make them into candles. You could probably buy a chunk and hollow out the centre and put a tea light in it like Krissy said. If I remember where I put them I might try, the animals don't seem to like it. :roll:

Relle.

Latest posts

Back