High "cleansing" value question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hazel said:
serfmunke said:
The other bars are so beautiful, these I am sure will not measure up :? I will still post, someone's bars have to be the least gorgeous :wink:

There is beauty in simplicity. Sometimes the most elegant looking soaps are the uncolored ones. :D

Please don't feel you have to "measure up" to someone else's creation. Everyone started with the basics and then gradually became more experienced. (I should qualify this statement - there was someone who started with a multi-colored swirl and did a wonderful job. I just can't remember who it was right now. :lol: )

Anyway, don't be shy about posting. I've posted some really horrible looking pics. (My infamous dog poop soap as an example.) I bet a year from now you're going to look back and be amazed at how far your skills have evolved. :wink:

Thanks for the support!!!

You're most welcome. This is what the forum is for - support, trouble shooting and hopefully a few laughs.

Example of a laughable pic - dog poop soap. You have to scroll down to see them. I'm just determined to embarrass myself. :oops:

http://soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewto ... 2&start=15

Congrats on your batch! You'll have to post back after you use your salt bars. I'm interested in hearing how you like them.

Oh those are awesome, I hope you saved one!

I will reply once I use the soap. I am really excited to try one after reading up on their qualities. I am already itching to make another batch of soap even after mading a flax seed soap a few days ago, this is addicting!

My salt soap is 75% coconut and it has a cleansing factor of 50. The first time I made it, I sf at 8% and it was still great, not too drying at all. I did increase that in later batches, but it really wasnt imperative.

busymakinsoap! said:
Great job serfmunke - I still havnt mastered the salt bar, yours are fab!

Thanks :D I was so scared after reading up on them here in the forums as well as other websites. I did a lot of reading then just went for it. I cannot wait to take a shower with them :wink:

If it were not for the helpful people here, I would have never made it. This place rocks!

Just used my salt bars the past couple of days and we are in LOVE!!! They are awesome and are definitely going to be a staple soap in the household :D

Back