HELP my soap is yucky? What to do???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjhays

Reaction score
OK I used my gel/body wash added 1 ml or FO's to 1/12 ounce of gel. It set for a few hours and it turned into water.? I don't understand why? The gel was supposed to be ready for fragrance and color? What is it missing? What would you all recommend? THANKS

You are in the trial and error phase of the learning process. Don't worry.

Your fo 'broke down' the gel. It happens. It might be OK if you use that fo but use less. You will have to try diff amounts with each fo you use.

You can not assume because vanilla fo from 1 comapny works at X% that vanilla fo from another company willalso work at the same %.

Also do not assume if vanilla fo from company XYZ works at X% that chocolate from company XYZ will work at the same %.

It is trial & error & trial & error.

The watery gel is tsill usable. It can NOT be thickened back up successfuly.

Do you think there is something that I can buy to put in the gel? The scent is to die for and I really hate to not have that much in there? Is there a thickener that you can buy? BTW THANKS you are awesome for all that you do on here. THANKS :lol:

You can not thicken it back up. I suggest a different base. the shower gel & basic lotion bases at Essentials by Catalina are the thickest I have found. They can hold more fo than most.

Latest posts

Back