Help, I forgot to put in the coconut oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrganicGirl

Reaction score
It's been 5 years of soap making, and I finally forgot to put in an oil. I guess I am getting careless. I forgot to put in the coconut oil. I realized it after putting it in the mold when it didn't look like it should.

Well, I didn't have time to pull it out and put it back in the pan. It is in a bag on our cold porch overnight. I had to take it out of the mold.

Should I just let it cure anyway and then cut it up and rebatch adding the coconut oil then? I guess that's the only thing that might save it. It has local honey at .53 cents per ounce at 2 ounces and oatmeal and goat's milk and hemp oil and cocoa butter and shea butter.... See why I don't want to throw it out?

If someone out there can help I sure would appreciate it. I have never rebatched anything.. Thanks! :clap:

You can rebatch it immediately. Just shred it up and put it in your crockpot with the missing oil. I have had this happen once...hopefully never again. Sorry this happened.

Hi there Organicgirl :D

You are lucky to have made it all the way to five years ... you must be an ace soap maker. I FINALLY made a beautiful fancy soap and for got to put in fragrance :p

lol

kerry
x

Latest posts

Back