Hello from Scotland

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TangledFrog

Reaction score
I would like to say hello, but more importantly, thank you all! I've been lurking in the shadows for a month or so now. I'm brand new to soap making and this forum has given me so much information and confidence to make my first few batches of CP soap. (I have yet to find my perfect recipe, but that's part of the excitement...)

I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you as I continue to learn and experiment.

Cheers!

Hello and welcome! :D

I agree it is fun experimenting. You may have already heard this but save the notes on all of your batches...like forever. :lol: I made a batch which was still soft after 2 months and I thought it was just a bad balance of oils. I threw away the recipe and 5 months later decided to use one of the bars. I didn't want to waste them. It was wonderful, IMO. Bubbly and conditioning and I'm just sick about throwing away the recipe. Please learn from my mistake and keep the recipes. You may not know for months which one might be the "perfect" one. :cry:

Wow, thanks for the tip, Hazel! I actually have a notebook I've been keeping all of my recipes in, as well as notes about what I'd do differently next time, and it sounds like this will indeed come in handy. I've seen a number of posts about how some soaps may improve after months of curing instead of just weeks, so I'm trying to keep that in mind, as well. Patience has never been my strong point, so it's quite possible that soap making may introduce a bit of that into my personality. :wink:

Welcome to the forum.

Remember, when you make those magical first batches - we love photos and will be happy to applaud your efforts!

TangledFrog said:
Wow, thanks for the tip, Hazel! I actually have a notebook I've been keeping all of my recipes in, as well as notes about what I'd do differently next time,

Sorry. :oops:

I just thought I'd mention it because no one had mentioned it to me. If someone had, I would have kept the recipe.

Make sure you keep your recipes away from your soaping area when you're soaping, or cover them in plastic.

Latest posts

Back