Heating Pad?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the idea of keeping soap clean and predominantly white/natural then doing something interesting with color more as a detail. 1) I think it just looks cleaner 2) From a practical standpoint, you spend way less on colorants especially if you want dark colors. What do you guys think?

I think that I need to learn the "less is more" principle when it comes to swirling. I always want to swirl too much. My best swirls are simple in-the-pot ones where I only use a small amount of swirling color. The ones I am most prone to overswirling are the hanger swirls.

I think that I need to learn the "less is more" principle when it comes to swirling. I always want to swirl too much. My best swirls are simple in-the-pot ones where I only use a small amount of swirling color. The ones I am most prone to overswirling are the hanger swirls.

After watching this lady, I stopped by Lowe's and purchased a larger gauge steel wire (about twice the thickness of a shirt hanger) and bent it to fit my mold. I think you can show more swirl with fewer strokes (i.e. less mixing of color) with a thicker wire.

My sister said she used it to force gel. I have never had to. I just cover it in towels. I have more trouble avoiding gel when I want to. I have heard it works well, but I would keep an eye on it so it doesn't overheat.

After watching this lady, I stopped by Lowe's and purchased a larger gauge steel wire (about twice the thickness of a shirt hanger) and bent it to fit my mold. I think you can show more swirl with fewer strokes (i.e. less mixing of color) with a thicker wire.

DW, have you watched Celine Blacow's videos? She's Soaperstar on YouTube. She has some really fabulous techniques.

Back