Have you ever?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosey

Reaction score
Have you ever realized that you've thrown away something that you could have used for soap making and your heart sank?

I thought about digging through the trash but I don't want it that bad.

lol

I discovered that cheese it boxes would make great storing containers. lol

Rosey: My husband was throwing out an empty cd storage case the other day (they look like a mini round cake container) and I pulled it out of the trash can and said, wait, I can use that for something. I thought I would make a little soap gift with it. It could hold 2 or 3 standard bars, a number of sample bars or soap balls. The lid is clear plastic, so I think it would look pretty. I can dress it up with bows or ribbons. If nothing else, it looks like it would be perfect for a travel cheese ball container.

It's great to make use of things that would end up in the trash. I have saved some plastic boxes that contained Ferrero Rochet Chocolates and they fit the small bottles of fragrance oils very nicely. :wink:

Bubbles Galore said:
It's great to make use of things that would end up in the trash. I have saved some plastic boxes that contained Ferrero Rochet Chocolates and they fit the small bottles of fragrance oils very nicely. :wink:

They are also very handy for storing the twist up tubes of lip balm :)

I just remembered something that I DID NOT throw out.

About 10 years ago was using little vials of cosmetic stuff that keeps you young forever *smirk* and kept the empty vials (dozens of them). These are about 2.5ml glass with a leak proof plastic lid. I wondered why the heck I couldn't throw them out.

They are now coming in so handy for testing essential oil blends in so I'm feeling just a little smug. :wink:

MagiaDellaLuna said:
Bubbles Galore said:

They are also very handy for storing the twist up tubes of lip balm :)

ooo see now I love ferrero rocher. I will just have to sacrifice and get myself a box or 2 ;)

Rosey said:
ooo see now I love ferrero rocher. I will just have to sacrifice and get myself a box or 2 ;)

:) The torture we have to endure just for the sake of getting nice storage containers...........but well worth it.

I love the fact that they are transparent so it is easy to see what is stored in them.

Latest posts

Back