Green Soap with Wheat Grass

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaseencook

Reaction score
I tried some wheat grass powder to get green soap naturally, here's the result! :

greensoap.jpg

It's still hardening up, but it's not too bad green colour. I added about 1 tsp to a kg batch at trace. It smells slightly grassy and I added a bit of citronella to give it that "grassy summer with citronella candles around the campfire" smell. Can't wait till it's hard! :)

Kaseen, that looks amazing! I have tried spirulina powder for green (just a little) and I have some green barley powder in the cupboard that I'd like to try too. Wheatgrass and green barley are very similar I think. I will love to see how this cures and the final colour you end up with. The scent sounds divine too!

Tanya :)

Wow. Great green...I love all the softer tones that natural colorants bring. Have tried chlorophyl,thats lovely-anywhere from a just barely greeny cream to a minty tone.
Spirulina gives a similar colour too I think,but I've heard there's a 'fishy' smell.

Lisa

Back