Great soap but can't use - photo attached

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I made this awesome soap, lovely scent, scented for a man, was hoping to market it for Father's Day..........but the black bleeds, it shows on your face cloth.......be careful when using black oxide not to use too much........ :!:
DSC05175.jpg
[/img]

Can you rebatch it with some other light soaps to maybe even out and lighten the color?

It's a shame, too, because it's very pretty!

Does it stain the cloth or does it wash away? I've had soap bleed onto the cloth but rinse right off. Maybe it's not all lost?

I use mine - a little gets on the cloth but it washes away while you're using it.

Very nice, I was going to do a black oxide one with Drakkar, but now I'm thinking - maybe not. What scent did you use ?

I made a soap with black clay and I could see a bit of black coming away from the soap when I used it. I gave a bar to a bloke who does dirty work and he said " this soap is amazing, I can see the dirt coming right off me". LOL

Black is tricky, all right! If the lather is still white, it is probably ok... the black on the washcloth may just be the black soap, which will wash off just by rinsing the washcloth.

If the lather is gray though, or the color doesn't come off the washcloth, then yes you used too much... sorry.

Bubbles Galore said:
I made a soap with black clay and I could see a bit of black coming away from the soap when I used it. I gave a bar to a bloke who does dirty work and he said " this soap is amazing, I can see the dirt coming right off me". LOL

:lol: :lol:

Soap looks really cool Cody!

I've heard that you can get a nice pure black with activated charcoal, but still have white bubbles and no bleeding. I haven't tried it yet myself, but I have some on the way to me so we'll see :)

Very nice looking soap!! I use black oxide for swirls in a few of my soaps with no problem, but it's sure true that a little goes a long way, probably why I like it. :)

Bubbles Galore said:

thats what I thought about my soap the first time I used oxide :oops:

I've heard that you can get a nice pure black with activated charcoal, but still have white bubbles and no bleeding. I haven't tried it yet myself, but I have some on the way to me so we'll see Smile

Would love to hear how that goes, I love black in soap, but find I usually end up with a dark gray when using oxide for fear of bleeding.
I have used a lush charcoal soap once though - holly molly! what a freaken mess - it was actually like washing with a lump of coal.

Bubbles Galore said:

:lol: thats the funniest thing ive ever heard!! :lol:

What if you use a dark washcloth? Its too pretty not to use! Or just display it for the scent.

I just made a black activated charcoal soap with yellow balls inbedded. It's wild looking. It does make dark bubbles, and will discolor a white wash cloth (it doesn't stain--rinses right out). I tell people up front when I give them a bar--they love it anyway.

Latest posts

Back