GoodWill Finds -- show me yours!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen lots of slow cookers (crock pots) but am resisting that purchase until I get used to CP first, however you can bet when I want one I won't be able to find one :lolno:

If you find one of the old fashioned round crock pots that are reasonably priced, go ahead and get one. I can absolutely assure you that you WILL be needing it to rebatch some time in the very near future. I think every last one of us has had at least one rebatch. It also comes in very handy during the winter to melt solid oils and/or make liquid soap in. So, find an old one(the one I use is from 1986, and works fine for soap) that is cheap before you need to rush out and buy a new one later.

I like to go to Savers around here. I've found stickblenders (I have Hamilton Beach blenders, four of them, one I found there, plus a Braun, which I hear is a workhorse) crockpots, stainless steel frothing pitchers, and coffee grinders (great for herbs and resins).

Thanks for the tip, you are right at some point I will need a slow cooker so best to get a cheap one when I see one. Small round ones are quite common over here (shops sell round as well as oval new). Loving the help from this forum, I would never have considered the advantages of round over oval.

Latest posts

Back