Good morning!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newlycrunchy

Reaction score
Hello all- as you can tell from my user name- I've recently gotten in to doing things natural. Well- I guess I've always been one to try to make my own things - but got away from it for a while- and recently I've gotten into doing more and more. Soap making being one of the newest. Never thought I'd do it- but now that i've made a whopping ONE whole batch - I'm hooked. I've made salves, scrubs and lotion bars- plus other foods from scratch- but soap is just too cool to make on my own. Hope to get some good ideas and get some tips on what to do/not to do. Hopefully I can help eventually.

Best regards

marie - aka newlycrunchy

Thanks! I'm attempting lemon soap this weekend- AND- lilac soap. We shall see how it turns out. I made basic castille soap just to see if I could do it and it turned out and is sudsy. of course it's still curing. With that soap I am attempting to make liquid castille and then shampoo. wowsers..

I'm on pinterest so y'all can see what I've made there- I'm also on facebook so you can see my new found crunchiness. I've also made yogurt myself.. and butter.. and so many other things.

Welcome to the forum and to the addiction! I just made a lilac soap a couple days ago :) Wow, you are attempting liquid soap and shampoos already? Very nice!

Welcome to the forum and to the addiction! I just made a lilac soap a couple days ago :) Wow, you are attempting liquid soap and shampoos already? Very nice!

well- i'm cheating on the liquid soap- basically shredding a bar of the castille I made and soaking it in hot water for 24 hours... so it's not really making from potassium hydroxide.. but close enough. Do you have a good recipe for the lilac soap? I was going to attempt to swirl purple and clear together.. I have some dried lilac blooms from recent blooming here I was going to put in the soap. Oh- and I've got this wild hair to make my own tallow from butcher fat.

I'm on pinterest so y'all can see what I've made there- I'm also on facebook so you can see my new found crunchiness. I've also made yogurt myself.. and butter.. and so many other things.
how do you make yogurt??
Welcome to the forum!

how do you make yogurt??
Welcome to the forum!

ZOMG.. it is soooooo easy.

I made completely non fat yogurt and i.am.hooked. it takes a good half day to do- so don't start in the evening. I make over a gallon at a time- but the last batch I made was over a month ago and it's still good. in fact, the longer it sits the better it is. I even made yogurt biscuits with it- and those were completely fat free! mmmmm... I have also saved the cultures from previous batch to use in next batch. :)

http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com...ockpot-greek-yogurt-and-i-mean-foolproof.html

that's the link to the process i use.

Latest posts

Back