Getting back into soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marilyna

Reaction score
Hi,

I already made a bunch of posts, then realized I might need to introduce myself.

I began making soap in 1999 and started selling shortly after. Way too early, actually! Looking back at my early soaps -- not good!!

But anyway, my sister and i were in business for about 3 years, I think. Stopped making soap for about 3 years.

Then in 2005, I started another soap biz. It was going well, but I closed in 2007 because my son got diagnosed with autism and I wanted to focus on doing what I could to help him. After my supplies sat around the house (bunch of stuff cluttering things up) for 3 years, I finally sold it all.

Last week was the first time I'd make soap since '07. I'm enjoying it, but supplies are expensive! I'm really missing my Delsie soap cutter! Hopefully, I can get my brother-in-law to make something similar for me.

I just found this forum and I like it. It seems to have nicer people than some other forums!

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your reentry into the soaping world.

If you need suggestions about suppliers (they do tend to come and go), just ask. I like Essential Depot for lye and Columbus Foods/Soapers' Choice for base oils.

Southern Soapers is gone as is Majestic Mint Meadows and KY Candle.

Thanks!!

I have noticed some of my old suppliers are gone. Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Back