Gels. What can you do with them?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stacy_bareskin

Reaction score
I bought some xanthan gum the other week with the intention of experimenting with some gel recipes. I have a basic gel recipe to start with, but I cant seem to work out what to do with it. I also have some aloe vera gel that I bought, but its ready to use so it seems silly to dilute that with more gel.

So, does anyone else make gels? What kind of gels do you make?

I used to use an eye gel, but I'm conscious that its a sensitive area so other than maybe aloe vera I don't know what else would be suitable for that area.

So yeah, I'm having a bit of a dilemma as to what to make and I can't find much info so far either for ideas.

Ok so within the 30 seconds of posting this I just had one idea.

How about a toner gel? I've made a liquid toner with orange flower water and witch hazel. Maybe I could turn that into a gel and make it easier to use? Could be interesting.. or a complete disaster. :)

Hi stacy - I have a couple of recipes using either aloe gel, xanthan gum or also carregeenan powder. If you like I can PM you and send them through for you to look at. They may not be what you are looking for however they may give you ideas?

Tanya :)

Latest posts

Back