Gelling

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dubnica said:
LisaNY said:
dubnica said:
This is Aqua mica, Eucalyptus Fo.

I really like this green soap - you used mica as your colorant? I did not know you could use micas in CP soap - still learning here! I thought that they bleed.?

For the GREEN SOAP I used Aqua mica from TKB, for the yellow/purple I used grape POP and True yellow POP from TKB also.

oops! Sorry! I quoted wrong pic! Thank you for the info!

ChrisShepp said:
LisaNY said:
I really like this green soap - you used mica as your colorant? I did not know you could use micas in CP soap - still learning here! I thought that they bleed.?

Lisa,

Micas belong to a family of colorants called Pigments. Other members of that family are Lakes, Oxides, and Ultramarines. As a general rule, pigment colorants are non-bleeding. You do need to check, however, that your colorant is stable in a high pH environment, otherwise you could get morphing or fading. Good manufacturers will supply this information. A example would be the POP! Micas from TKB Trading. To my knowledge, the only one that isn't stable is Strawberry (which morphs to a shade of orange in CP).

Thank you!

Latest posts

Back