Gadget Fever

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeInPdx

Reaction score
Well....I took a chance and went out and bought one of those little hand crank manual washers.....the ones that use pressure to help clean clothes.

I got it last night and tried it out.....it worked just like they said it would. It's small (about half a regular load) but it's so fast (washes in 2 minutes) that it took me about an hour to get four days of laundry washed, rinsed, and put through the spin-dryer and hung up.

Took a total of 12 gallons of water, and that's clothing for two. I was pretty impressed for a little $40 gadget. :)

That is so cool. :lol:

It could almost make me not hate doing laundry.

Deda said:
That is so cool. :lol:

It could almost make me not hate doing laundry.

It's more labor intensive than an automatic, but it's OVER SO SOON! :lol:

I have a wringer washer I use during the summer, and I have it for that reason.....you can chug a LOT of clothes through in a VERY SHORT time. :)

Beautiful thing about it for us soapers.....I can say that it works well with homemade laundry soap. :)

Well now, that looks like a right handy dandy thingy!! Especially if you only have a few items, or for hand washables. Thanks for the link!

Digit

id need to wash my clothes like once every 2 days... none other than my jobs' washer/dryer can accomodate my load of laundry lol....

IanT said:
id need to wash my clothes like once every 2 days... none other than my jobs' washer/dryer can accomodate my load of laundry lol....

I hear ya.....there's two of us and four doggies, and we manage to fill the Whirlpool super capacity on a regular basis. I wanted to see if I could get by with something smaller, more environmentally friendly, and energy efficient.

I've been running a load or two every evening after work....that way the laundry doesn't pile up. It's so quick that it's not a big deal, and there's always fresh clothes waiting for us.

The washing of the clothes isn't that bad, it's the folding & ironing :cry:
Is there some gadget for that too??? I'd definetly buy an ironing robot :lol:

dagmar88 said:
The washing of the clothes isn't that bad, it's the folding & ironing :cry:
Is there some gadget for that too??? I'd definetly buy an ironing robot :lol:

If you find one....please let me know! :lol: I am horrible about ironing. I haven't worn a non-knit shirt or non-wrinkle free slacks since my 20's (I'm almost 41).

Now that I think of it.....they make speed ironers and folders for commercial laundries.....they use them for flat goods.....too bad that can't be adapted for home use and things besides linens.

Well, I'm supposed to do hubby's laundry since I'm at home. How on earth do man manege to get themselves so dirty?! :x
Hub eats chocolate... face & white shirt covered
Hub eats pizza, the whole room is smeared with tomato sauce
And then to make it worse he only wears button op shirts... which are an absolute PITB to iron :cry:
Guess what I really need is a gadget to keep the hub clean :lol: (and fiend his keys, car, socks and so on)

dagmar88 said:
Well, I'm supposed to do hubby's laundry since I'm at home. How on earth do man manege to get themselves so dirty?! :x
Hub eats chocolate... face & white shirt covered
Hub eats pizza, the whole room is smeared with tomato sauce
And then to make it worse he only wears button op shirts... which are an absolute PITB to iron :cry:
Guess what I really need is a gadget to keep the hub clean :lol: (and fiend his keys, car, socks and so on)

Can you convince him that 1-inch cubes of clear, unflavored gelatin are the best thing for his heart, mind and well-being? :lol:

hahahah :lol: that certainly would be best for my heart, mind and well being :lol:
Well, I just found a gadget that could make my life bearable:
Farty Pants!

http://www.under-tec.com/store.php
m_pants.jpg

m_pants_back.jpg

haha now THAT would make a huge difference!
comment from the hub : walk to the moon :lol:

Mike .. thanx for posting this ... it'll be perfect to send my husband to Iraq/Afghanistan with ... thanks so much

You're most welcome.....it would probably come in very handy for him. Prayers for a safe and quick return.

Latest posts

Back