Frustrating day soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightlilly

Reaction score
These are the 3 batches that I posted about previously. They all turned out pretty thank goodness but I'm not crazy about the scents. The first is a Mango Coconut that I wanted to do white on white but it's more of a tan and cream color and the scent is kind of chemically smelling. The second is the one that was meant to be an embed done in a PVC pipe that got knocked over and acted like a cannon shooting soap across the room. I also forgot to add the FO to this one. The third is an HP shampoo bar that was supposed to smell of cucumber mint but now just smells of spearmint.

Mango Coconut.jpg

Tie-Dye.jpg

Shampoo Bar HP.jpg

They're really nice! The chemical smell might go away with some cute time. I have one that's getting better every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

I really like them all! I hope the chemical smell goes away for you cuz that first one is very pretty soap! Glad you salvaged some of your 'cannon' soap. Love the colors!

I forgot to mention that the round bars smell like crayons for some reason...lol

I think our nose and our eyes like to do that to us:crazy:
We painted our house a dark brown and everytime I opened a can of the paint I think it smelled like chocolate. I made my husband smell it but he just rolled his eyes:rolleyes:. But I'm telling you it really did!

They are all beautiful, each in their own way.

And yes, the chemical smell may settle out as your soap cures. Fingers crossed.

The rounds are stunning, I am sorry they donèt smell the way you want, hopefully time will fix that.

Thanks everyone! I'm glad I found this board when I started researching soap because the support that all of you offer is amazing. I always know that I have a place to share my experiences and you guys will understand just what I'm going through..the good AND the bad. Thanks again!

I'm so new to the craft that I don't have any business saying anything ... yet. (but I will say something anyway - it's who I am!) The first bar is beautiful! and I LOVE the look of the third picture. I'm not overly fond of the round color bar though, so busy with color, and does not bring to mind any mood for me other then "mixed" (although, I do think the color scheme works), but it just doesn't look natural and as something I would choose to use. So I obviously do not think along the same lines as most of the responders. All of the bars have a beautiful shape/professional appearance, and appear as product I've seen in stores. Definitely eye catching.

Thanks freesia792, the round soap was a flop, the colors were meant to be darker and it was meant to be a circle embedded in a square of black soap with an FO called Dark Kiss. The scent didn't get added and the colors are too light but I'll be trying again soon.

Latest posts

Back