Fragrance lost in mail/found

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A couple days ago, I got a crushed box from Nurture soap. Inside was a fragrance and two micas that I had ordered and completely forgotten about back on early November of last year. I placed two orders that November and I got the second one so I guess I forgot about the first order, it was also a very busy time then.

Considering that this fragrance has probably been in a warehouse or traveling around for the last six months (it was shipped as UPS surepost and delivered by regular mail) should I worry about it’s freshness? Should I try to use it soon? It is a 8 oz bottle so I am afraid I can’t use it all soon.

I'm still using FOs that I bought four years ago without issue. If you aren't sure, make a small test batch.

@TheGecko Thank you! I have used old fragrances before, just not one that wasn’t kept in a controlled climate. Good idea though, I will be able to compare with my other bottle.
I keep all my FOs/EOs in the garage...definitely NOT a controlled climate and it will get up to 90 in the Summer and to close to freezing in the Winter. Light and oxygen are more detrimental to scents.

Latest posts

Back