Four new flavors after midnight--Pics page 1 and 2

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vir99

Reaction score
It's been 10 days. I've finally made a new batch.
On the left is Love Spell Type with Fiery Fuschia and Bubblegum neons.
On the right is Sleigh ride with chrome green oxide, burgundy oxide and gold sparkle on top.
Top middle is Wake up Rosemary with tea tree added. It also has rose clay and jojoba beads. This is for my nephew, who wants harsh, scratchy soap to dry his skin out.
Bottom middle is kumquat with neon orange, titanium dioxide and charcoal.

All were poured in layers, then swirled corner to corner with a skewer, escept the orange/black one which I only swirled the top. Can't wait to see them!

I just got the two blue molds on Ebay from Korea. They are one pound silicone molds. I love to sample a small amount so these are great! There were $20 apiece though, ouch!@

Sorry, I should really clean up before I take photos. Next time.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lovely work.

My favs are the pink and white, and the orange.... I have BB's Love Spell, and I have to admit, I'm really not a fan.

I too have that 1lb mould, purchased from eBay. It's good for test batches.

Would you mind sharing where you bought your white moulds from?

Oh, and BRING ON THE CUT PICS! :)

Oh I cannot wait to see the cut pics! I love them all but I think my fave might be the orange and black.

The soaps are lovely, but I am fascinated by the little blue loaf molds! I just found them on Ebay, and I think they are just what I need, so I thank you for sharing where you got them. I am always interested in seeing what other people do with Sleigh Ride. I haven't made mine yet, and I like the touch of gold. I can't wait to see these cut!

Thanks for all your kind words, people! It's fun to get feedback.
Those blue molds come with perfect little plastic lids, BTW! I don't think they got warm enough to gel.:?
And I am forcing myself to wait a reasonable amount of time before unmolding or cutting these guys!

I love that pink... Love Spell is also a fav of mine! Can't wait to see those cut!

Yay! I love little swirls! It's a little too soft to touch yet but smells great!

My nephew's purple one was too soft and sticky, so I cut it into squares and will embed it in another.

I cannot get my large ones out yet.

OMG! I love the purple one! It's awesome. I'm begging you to please tell me what colorants you used. That's a shame you had to cut it up. Have you tried adding some sodium lactate to your batches?

The pirple has ultramarine blue, titanium dioxide and purple jojoba beads. The largest part is rose clay with ultramarine blue to make it less pink.
I havent tried sodium lactate. I will look into that.

Here's some Love Spell! Not quite as bright as my monitor shows it.

Thank you! I'll make a note about the colorants. I'd love to make a pretty purple batch.

Wow! That is bright but pretty. I just did a salt batch with Love Spell earlier this evening. I was experimenting so I made a large one, removed 1/3 of it and used Love Spell from Just Scent as the fragrance and red mica from WSP for the colorant. The remainder I scented with Love Spell from Peak and used Rainbow Red mica from BCN. It will be interesting to compare the scents and colors as they cure.

eta: :oops: Sorry. I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

No highjack really! I'd love to compare the love spells. Mine is BB. I think it smells a leeetle beet like Energy.

Finally got my last one cut. Sleigh Ride. It smells sooo goood! It came out quite nicely, thankfully. I think I'm going to start lining my "no line" molds.

Another lovely swirl with pretty colors. You're very good.

I've never smelled Energy because I rarely order from BB. The shipping from there to where I live is too expensive.

Such beautiful soaps! I can't believe the change since the first photos you posted just a short time ago. Your swirls are great! :D

Latest posts

Back