Formulating a Mechanic Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hubby used the 100% CO in the shower yesterday and really liked it, he did say it needed grit so I will be rebatching and adding pumice. He said it dried his hands out but I looked at them and what I saw wasn't done by soap. It looks more like irritation from solvents or some kind of chemicals, he often gets hands like that from using solvents at work.
The rest of his body was fine, no dryness or itchy skin. I'll have him continue testing it.

@LiLkimberly -- If you'd like to share your perspective about using pumice in soap, the culture here at SMF is to ask people to start a new thread rather than revive a very old one (this one is over 5 yr old) with members who no longer participate.

In the "Announcements, Comments, Help, and Rules" forum, the "Culture and Tone" thread will explain there's no absolute rule on SMF that says you can't post on old threads, but it's weird to give advice to people who haven't posted for years. Also older threads often contain out of date information and ideas which can mislead new soap makers. It's impolite to expect current members to wade through old, sometimes inaccurate, and often irrelevant posts to get to your new, relevant post. And many current members don't read old threads, so your contribution will not be as widely read or appreciated as you might want.

The staff encourages people to start new threads rather than respond to old ones. It's perfectly fine to provide references to older thread(s) in your new thread, so interested readers can wade through the old info if they're curious, but it's not required.

Latest posts

Back