FO Cake Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am an EO girl. At least for the last six years...But, ever since I started to make cake soaps, I fell in love with delicious FO scents! I mostly have used them in my MP soaps.

But I don't have much of experience of using FOs in CP and I am afraid of discoloration, seizing, fast tracing in CP soaps. I have used a couple of FOs, but I have not had much luck in CP soaps. For that reason, I am bit hesitant to use it in CP soaps.

Many of you guys have seen already my Buttermilk Piped Rose soap.
http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=43544

Actually, it does not smell like cake at all. It's an EO blend of lavender, rosemary & teatree. I love this rose cakes and I am planning to make more of them.

I now need a perfect FO scent for this cake. I know that pretty much all cake FOs will discolor my soap due to the vanilla content in the FOs. And I'll have to use the vanilla color stabilizer to keep the white color. But how long will it last?

What FO will go well with this cake soap? I'd rather not use the vanilla color stabilizer if all possible. Personally, it does not have to smell like a cake either as long as a great FO matches this cake.

Any suggestions? Please help! Thanks a lot!

The piped rose certainly suggests flowers, especially roses.

Do you think they'll all be roses, or will you be piping other sorts of decorations as well?

Eric

I believe its AH that has a white vanilla that does not discolor CP soap. Haven't tried it but its on my list to try. Vanilla smells awesome in soap and makes a great mixer. I don't know of any cake FOs that don't discolor so you would have to find a good VS to use.

I wonder if you could use a whipped frosting fo or sugar fo? WSP has a Vanilla Almond FO that says there is no vanilla content - I have not personally used it but reviews look promising.

Save on scents has a deep fried ice cream FO that reminds me of a bakery. Rich, buttery with a nice amount of vanilla. It does discolor really dark though.

Soapsupplies.Net has Bendel Bean Vanilla that is supposed not darken the soap, I haven't tried it yet, but love their FO's.

The piped rose certainly suggests flowers, especially roses.

Do you think they'll all be roses, or will you be piping other sorts of decorations as well?

Eric

I did not think about it before but it does make sense to use rose FO :).

For now, I can only pipe roses, but I will be practicing on apple blossoms and leaves soon. I was told making apple blossoms are easier than roses. We shall see.

I believe its AH that has a white vanilla that does not discolor CP soap. Haven't tried it but its on my list to try. Vanilla smells awesome in soap and makes a great mixer. I don't know of any cake FOs that don't discolor so you would have to find a good VS to use.

Hmm...May be I can try to make chocolate frosting instead of white frosting :)....but I don't think it will be pretty as white.

Latest posts

Back