floating soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gosh- thanks,Kaseencook. It's nice to see the photo right in the thread. I will have to work on that. SO much better than a link!

Well, Dixie- I have never done hot process before. I wanted to try it to see if I could make it float. It has a definitely different look than the CP. less transluscent, I would say. Harder to get the mold pattern to be clean, but that was not my goal. Of the 3 soaps I made, the HP is the only one that fit into the mold with no leftover. It will be interesting to see the float test in a couple of weeks. I don't need the whole bar to float, like the foam soap that Nizzy makes, It would be o.k. if the top of the bar sits at the waterline. I want a bar that lasts a reasonable amount of time.

Hey, Heartong-
your "winter solstice whipped rtcp milk soap" sounds really interesting. I looked in the recipes in this forum, and didn't see it listed. It it posted elsewhere? I googled it, but no luck.

no worries :)

I made some whipped OO HP not long ago by egg beating the cooked HP. It was so nice to cut and was not sticky feeling like more dense soap, and floated of course. I think it was the best soap I ever made! :) Rock hard after a few hours too!

bombus said:
Hey, Heartong-
your "winter solstice whipped rtcp milk soap" sounds really interesting. I looked in the recipes in this forum, and didn't see it listed. It it posted elsewhere? I googled it, but no luck.

in the soap recipes and tutorials forum it's on page 2 about #6 from the top.

instead of going into the soapmaking forum, scroll down near the bottom and you'll find the recipe forum. :D

monet

Thanks Heartsong-

I was looking at the "recipes' link at the top of each forum page near the link to log in. Still getting familiar with the landscape. Thanks!
can't wait to try the rt method. As soon as I return home, I've got a recipe want to use it on.

Latest posts

Back