Flax seed oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamaT

Reaction score
Anyone ever use flaxseed oil in their soaps? The info I found:

Flax seed oil is the world's richest vegetable source of omega-3 fatty acids. Flax seed oil contains the highest level of alphalinolenic acid of any known plant source. It also contains high levels of lignans-active polysaccharides that have anti-estrogenic, ant oxidative, antiviral, antibacterial and antitumor properties. Studies have shown that using an oil like this on a regular basis supplies the essential fatty acids, amino acids, anti-oxidants, and nutrients needed to repair nails, skin cells and hair follicles. Flax Oil also shields the skin from wrinkling, boosts production of new skin, hair and has been used to treat eczema, psoriasis, burns and other skin conditions.

i've not used it in soap though i take a tsp on toast every evening for nutrient value...i've heard that it does go rancid quite fast, and this squares with having to keep it in the fridge. once i open the bottle, if i don't use it up in one months' time i pitch it.

Latest posts

Back