First successful CP batch!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mune

Amanda Leanne
Reaction score
My first successful CP soap. It is olive oil, coconut oil, and hemp oil. I used a liquid oxide colorant and orchid FO. I was so happy with the turn out. My first batched I messed up because I read the FO % wrong and the second one was too hot when I was mixing and did not reach trace correctly as it ended up seperating and the outside was VERY alkanine. Thank you all who gave me tips on this!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thank you! I actually accidently put too much color in it. When I realized how dark it was I thought I had messed up again. It turned out perfect.

You'll have to write down the amount you used because I think it's a gorgeous blue. Also, it may have been a mistake but remember to tell people you meant to do it. :wink:

What type of colorant did you use? What a fantastically rich blue!
I normally use natural colorants, and have just a couple of labcolors on hand. Used some pigments and micas before ( I'll never forget the crushing disappointment of watching a beautiful purple mica turn flat gray in a soap batch). I am really trying to concentrate on the "look" of my soaps now that I feel very comfortable with base recipes and have many fragrances that I love. Blue is one I really am looking forward to playing with....waiting my shipment of indigo now!
If this is your first batch, I can't wait to see what you do in the future...great stuff!

Latest posts

Back