First lye accident

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@cactuslily I have exactly the same problem. I can't grip anything properly and had to have extra small nitrile gloves at work. I found chemical resistant gloves on eBay and they sell them in actual glove sizes. I bought size sevens as I didn't want them too tight but they went down to a size six I think. They are great as they are really thick and they go quite far up your arms.

I spent a few months soapping without gloves because the 6 or 7 boxes I originally purchased didn't fit right and I kept having issues not being able to grip properly and actually droping utensils and such. I also couldn't feel anything and I accidentally whiped batter on my cheek just under my eye, I wear script glasses and it's the only thing that saved me from wiping my whole eye. I finally gave up and decided I would be careful and keep looking. I bought another two boxes and finally found some that fit nice and are sensative enough I can tell when I have batter on them. While I got batter on my hand w/o them I didn't feel burning but I did notice the extreme dryness so it's why I kept trudging on finding properly fitting gloves. I did reorder another 1000ct. Of them so I didn't have to search for awhile.

Latest posts

Back